Calendar Dividers


 

So I did a thing.  Can't believe I didn't think of this before.  I love dividers in my planner.  It just keeps everything so organized.  I also love having my months divided as well.  So I made dividers to place between my monthly spreads so I all I to do was find the tab and flip to the month.  But there was a problem - when I flipped the tab, I still had to flip the page to find my calendar.  Then I came up with a solution.  Put the tab on the calendar page!  I know, you are thinking, people already do that.  Yes, they add stickers.  I am talking about printing the actual tab on the actual calendar page.  Thankfully, I subscribe to a planner program that lets me do just this!  PlanifyPro is a great program that lets you easily design your own planner pages - and you can customize the size, layout, colors, add digital stickers- if you can dream it, you can make it on PlanifyPro!  If you are interested in signing up, see the link in my side tab.  I get a small commission if you sign up using my link 😉


Back to the insert....

Here is the calendar page I made with side tabs.  It looks funny because all the months are on the tabs, but that just makes it easier to design in my opinion.  I designed the first month (August in this instance) added the tabs, downloaded and printed.  Then I went into the planner program and changed each month - the rest was already there.  And Voila!  My calendar dividers are done!




All I had to do was trim the pages - line marks are automatically inserted by the program


Then I trimmed the tab part.  Just trim away all the months except the one you want to keep.


Cut away the sides and top and trim the corners diagonally



I kept the tab on the left side of the calendar, but trimmed them all off on the right side.  That way I just flip to the tab of the month I want and it opens right to it!


After trimming the tabs, I reinforced them with tape because they will be getting a lot of use


apply the tape to one side, flip the page and fold over the top.


then trim to the paper


Dividers are done!  


I made them with the calendar on one side


and grid notes on the other.  That way I can use both side of the page and leave space to add weekly or note pages between the months.  


here are my calendar tabs in my planner - they are shorter than my main tab dividers so they don't stick out when the planner is closed


Ta da!  How do you like it? 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disc Bound Planners

Cleaning Tracker

Making your own planner inserts